Five facts about our Europa League round of 32 opponents Gent:
Yesterday the draw took place for the round of 32 of the UEFA Europa League, having dropped out of the UEFA Champions League Mauricio Pochettino’s seeded Spurs side were drawn against unseeded Belgian side K.A.A Gent. Spurs will play the east Flanders club over two legs on the 16th and 23rd of February 2017, it will be an intriguing tie for spurs fans, with many hoping for a memorable run in Europe’s second biggest club competition. It will be a wonderful experience for those Spurs fans lucky enough to go to Ghent to watch the match, with the scenic port city rich in both History and culture. Mauricio Pochettino will undoubtedly not underestimate Gent, with Hein Vanhaezebrouck’s talented side progressing to the last 16 of last year’s UEFA Champions League. I look forward to the two matches against the Belgian side and I am confident that we have the quality to defeat them. COYS
- Gent’s nickname is De Buffalo’s, the club coined the term following a visit from the original Buffalo Bill and his Wild West circus to the city in the early 20th century.
- Gent won the Belgium Jupiler league for the only time, in the 2014-15 season
- De Buffalo’s impressed in the UEFA Champions league last year, with the Belgian club making the last 16.
- Gent plays their home matches at the Ghelamco Arena.
- Former Spurs player Mido is the only player to have played for both clubs.